Saturday, November 22, 2008

My Baby is 6 TODAY!


Yep, that's right, six years ago today I had the cutest baby girl on the planet!  The entire delivery was right out of one of those movies where it happens so quickly with no sweat or screaming you just know it's all too fake...well, that was my Emily.  She made her way into the world at 2:47pm looking all pink and tiny and her Grandma Pat and Aunt Kiki were there to see the whole thing.  My doctor (God bless her) let me keep my epidural and try to push and I did...and after 3 very light minutes of barely pushing sister was out and screaming!  (which she continued for the next 2 years unless I was holding her!)  Once she turned about 18 months she was absolutely the sweetest little girl around!  She just clung to me and was so very agreeable(which was quite the change from her brother's toddler years!)  Now she is sweet (sometimes) and sassy (all the time) and still the little tiny peanut she was when she was born...and honestly, she is my very best bud!  A girl couldn't ask for a better shopping bud or kitchen helper or for someone any more fun to just hang out with... God knew I needed a little girl and he couldn't have chosen a better one for me!  And to celebrate?  The Easter Seals American Girl Fashion show where my girl will model the Bitty Baby Christmas dress!  Yes, this is how she wanted to celebrate her big day and after, 35 of our closest relatives for dinner and cake...yum!  Happy birthday my sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aunt Kiki definitely agrees with all the wonderfully sweet comments about Miss Emily. I can't believe she is six. I saw her come into this world and was able to cuddle her when she was tiny, fresh and new. One problem is that the doctor left and forgot to cut the embilical cord cause Emily is connected to my baby sister Amy. They are two peas in a pod. HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILY!! I love you very much. Aunt Kiki

Megan said...

I LOVE MY BABY GIRL EMILY! She was so cute yesterday prancing around in her varkious pink sparkle outfits. !