Thursday, September 18, 2008

Be Grateful! (Darn it!)


These are photos of something that happened this past August.  For those of you who don't know Ben and Chris went with the Singletary boys to a  preseason Bears game.  They had a great time, and to show gratitude for the invitation, Chris drove (my car.)  A great time was had by all until the drive home.  That's when the above piece of steel from a construction truck came flying through my passenger's door of the mini van, missed Ben's head by inches, hit the back seat (about chest high) and landed in the booster seat Drake Singletary was SUPPOSE TO be sitting in.  We are talking brain matter flying or a collapsed lung and crushed chest.  God is alive and well and apparently has big plans for Ben and Drake.  Not to mention the amount of shattered glass that went everywhere (all over Ben) and didn't even leave a scratch on him!  I know full well who caught that piece of steel and I will be eternally grateful...(catch your breath here).  I will remember this gratitude each and every time my darling kiddos are fighting and I feel ready to tear my hair out.  (I will I will I will!)

1 comment:

Sara said...

Whew! That is so crazy--the story still gives me goosebumps!