Monday, February 7, 2011

Valentine's Day is ALMOST here!!

Valentine's Day is  a holiday that is a "feast for the eyes"...and the tummy in my house!  I love seeing all the hearts, the pink, the red.  I ADORE making Valentine boxes with my kids. I take this part of parenting quite seriously!  I will have to dig up some old photos of Ben's third and fourth grade Valentine's boxes.  He brought them up yesterday and was telling me what good memories he has of us coming up with some creative plan so he didn't just have a plain old Valentine's box.  I don't want to tell you what they are because that would ruin the surprise...I promise to find the photos and SHOW you soon!

We are getting ready to make Emily's Valentine box.   She came up with the idea (although I am SURE I gave her that suggestion last year but last year's box had to be a cake?)  and I've been collecting items on clearance the past few weeks getting ready for the big craft day.   I also found some super cute and original Valentine cards on etsy...I'll be downloading and printing those out soon too!  (Oh the projects...I CAN'T WAIT!)

I feel like all I've done this post is tempt you with things I have no intention of sharing right now so let me show you something we did about a week ago...that was YUMMY and actually turned out as cute as the picture in the magazine...



                                                                 Whoopie Pies!



I've been wanting to try making these forever.  I'd never heard of them until a few years ago.  I found a great recipe for pumpkin Whoopie Pies for the fall but never found the time to make them...hmmmm...wonder why???  Anyway, the above whoopie pies were featured in this month's issue of Family Fun magazine.  Family Fun is one of my favorites and my daughter even loves checking out the recipes and crafts each month.  This time the combination of chocolate and pink frosting got the best of me and I just HAD to try them!  So...you will find the recipe here, and they are so easy to make!  I did use my Pampered Chef medium scoop for the cookie part.  The frosting was easy to make, easy to spread and delish!  mmmmmmmm!  So...think about making some for a special Valentine.  I know as a (substitute) teacher they'd make the PERFECT teacher's Valentine!!


I can't wait to show you my latest couponing OLYMPIC SUCCESS...seriously...this was one of my best shopping trips...come back tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sissy - I forget all the neat blogs about scrapbooking and crafty ideas. You should post your favorite sites you visit often so people can click on them and go to those places.

Kristina @ A Home Made by Kiki said...

We *LOVE* Family Fun magazine too! Glad your whoopie pies came out good...they are definitely on my list to try too! Thanks for visiting me at A Home Made by Kiki!!